Monday 16 May 2011

Monday blues.

Morning campers,


It's a tad grey today which is quite apt as I have an Environmental Studies exam at lunchtime (eeek). God I hate exams. I usually get so nervous about them, but with this one I'm eerily calm. I think that's because I already know deep down that I am going to fail haha! I have done literally no revision (oops) but hey ho I've only got myself to blame eh? So fingers crossed it goes a bitty better than I'm expecting, I'd like that. I would also like to send lots of GOOD LUCK to anyone else who has an exam today or coming up in the near future! Anyway if it's possible there is one thing I hate more than exams and it is being starving hungry during it, you know when your tummy rumbles throughout (how emby) so I decided to make a big breakfast as I'm going to miss lunch.


Here's what I had:
A cheese and onion omelette... I know what your thinking, that it doesn't look too appetising right? Well you'd be wrong.. because it was frickin awesome (yum, yum). It was really easy to make and took less than five minutes.

First you break 2 eggs into a bowl add seasoning (salt and freshly ground black pepper) then blend the eggs together with a big fork taking care not to over mix it (try not to whisk or beat them). This is when I added some finely chopped onion and a little grated cheese, but of course you can add whatever you fancy (cut it quite small so it cooks by the time the omelette does) gently combine the ingredients to the egg using your fork.

Place the pan on the heat and let it get pretty hot, add a little oil and butter (half and half) to a pan. As soon as the butter starts melting swirl it around the pan, coating the whole base and the sides. Then turn the heat up to the highest setting and when the butter is bubbling add the egg mix, tilting the pan backwards and forwards to spread the eggs over the whole base. Leave it like this (don't touch) until a frill has formed around the edge of the omlette. Now you can tilt the pan towards you and using a spoon pull the omelette to the centre of the pan, keep doing this to make sure all the egg gets cooked. 

Soon there will only be a little liquid left on the surface of the omelette, so you can start folding. Tilt the pan again and fold one half of the omelette into the centre and then fold again. Take the pan to a warm plate and tip the omelette out on to it. It should be golden tinged on the outside and soft and squidgy on the inside.. YUM!

Whats everyone else getting up to today?

HUGS&KISSES
Georgie X

1 comment:

  1. honey!!!! really love your style!!!!
    great!=P
    follow u
    xxx

    ReplyDelete